Senior Sales & Marketing Manager
Your role in one sentence
MoringaConnect (DBA True Moringa) seeks a talented, ambitious, metrics driven professional to profitably grow sales and marketing in Ghana and on the continent. This senior management position will be deeply involved in strategy, planning, and the creation of new systems, products, and campaigns towards aggressive revenue growth and profit targets.
We require a startup thinker and system creator (not just user) with strong soft skills (written & verbal communication, leadership, decision making), strong hard skills (marketing, copywriting, data analytics, and management), and a desire to constantly tackle new challenges. This is an unparalleled opportunity to work with a fast growing, VC backed, wellness company and help drive its path to profit and transformative impact.
Working relationship & Location:
- Reporting: You will report directly to our CEO (based between Ghana and the USA) and receive support from our COO who is based in the USA.
- Role Type: This is a full-time role.
- Location: You will have the decision making opportunity to move the sales and marketing team to an advantageous & cost-effective location to better serve customers. Current company office locations are Gbawe in Greater Accra, Nsawam in Eastern Region, and New Longoro in Bono East.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Full-time role with competitive starting gross salary;
- For first 3 months probation: GHS 6,875/month + 1% of net sales
- Post probation: after probation performance & business review, GHS 7,500/month + 1% of net sales
- Company statutory retirement contribution: 13% of gross salary per month
- Company provident fund contribution: 0.5% of gross salary per month
- All-expense-paid company travel
- All-expense-paid professional development opportunity
- Paid Vacation/year: 15 days
- Paid Casual Leave/year: 5 days
- Private Health Insurance
- Tools (if needed)
- Company Laptop
- Company Phone
- Opportunity to build a multi-national brand from Ghana to the USA and beyond
Opportunity to help build a profitable 8+ figure revenue business while increasing rural farmer incomes and having a positive climate impact.
You will likely fulfill many, though not all, of the following preferences:
- 4+ years work experience in a sales, marketing, and/or advertising role
- 2+ years managing multiple direct reports, with hiring and firing experience
- 2+ years leading sales and marketing in an organization with 7+ figure revenues
- 2+ years planning and executing campaigns online, radio, TV, and print in Ghana
- Fluent in Twi, Ga, and other local languages (French is a plus)
- Experience forming partnerships or selling to retailers, distributors, corporates
- Experience running sales with 100+ sales reps and/or 100+ retail doors
- You personally use natural health and beauty products daily
- Women are encouraged to apply
- Lead the creation of sales and marketing strategies to build a vibrant community of loyal customers around our True Moringa brand
- Plan and execute advertising campaigns (social, search, email, radio, TV, print, sampling, etc) to drive sales profitably
- Manage sales, marketing, and advertising budget and closely monitor efficacy of all campaigns
- Build relationships with store managers and key account managers, work with them to develop retail sell through and promotional strategies
- Work closely with manufacturing team to develop new products in line with target customer and retailer needs
- Run lean product and sales channel experiments in direct to consumer channels to serve mass market consumers
- Create and disseminate educational and marketing materials as needed (i.e. store trainings, brochures, marketing collateral, sell sheets, POP displays)
- Lead hiring, firing, and training of sales and marketing team
Key Performance Indicators
- Net Revenue
- Return Customer Rate (in channels where this can be tracked)
- Return On Advertising Spend (ROAS)
In the first month, you will:
- Understand our product line, brand identity, target customer, and key selling points
- Audit existing channels, customers, team, marketing collateral
- Develop strategies to improve sell through in our existing channels
- Create hiring plan for team pegged to milestones and targets
In the first quarter (three months), you will:
- Evaluate underperforming skus and channels and create operational plans for improvement
- Finalize new FMCG ingestible products (e.g. beverage, snacks, etc) targeting mass market
- Build FMCG sales team, internal systems, and establish relationships with external partners to ensure the success of this channel and product expansion
- Represent the company at all sales, marketing, and press opportunities
- Champion all other roles detailed in your job responsibilities
This is a rolling hire (i.e. applications are being reviewed in real time) so apply early before the role is filled. Apply using this google form: https://forms.gle/UP1cRxHiEDG5sMKH6 Kindly note that you will be required to sign in with a Google account, as well as upload your resume/CV. Our team will be in touch once your submission is received.